Location: Bridgwater, Somerset, England
Salary: GBP12 - 12 per Hour
Job Ref: HAY005
Posted: 17/11/2023Apply Now
School Caretaker, Bridgwater, Mon-Fri, 6am-2pm. 2pm-10pm rotating shift, up to £12.38 per hour depending on experience. I am looking for an experienced caretaker to join a fantastic school in Bridgwater as soon as possible. Excellent Temp to Perm opportunity.
As a School Caretaker your role will be varied and include but not limited to:
- Carrying out minor repairs such as mending broken windows, changing light bulbs and turning heating and lighting on and off at appropriate times.
- Making sure the premises are clean and that rubbish is collected and taken away, and any graffiti is cleaned up.
- Maintaining the grounds and removing litter. Controlling the bin areas, ensuring they are regularly emptied.
- Repair all defects in within own competence. Carry out regular checks of all school and ensure that everything is in good working order.
- If there is a major fault, report to Premises Manager.
- Maintain site security including unlocking the site buildings in the morning ahead of people arriving, and locking up at the end of the day. This includes setting building alarms.
- On site contact for room and sports lettings for clubs or evening classes. Assisting visitors to their venue and
- Arranging furniture and equipment for meetings and clearing away afterwards.
- Replacement of lighting tubes/lamps.
As an experience School caretaker you will bring you knowledge of general maintenance and people skills to support the smooth running of the school ensuring the well being of staff and learners. To comply with Safeguarding requirements, you must be on the DBS Update Service, or be prepared to apply for a new Enhanced DBS Check (full assistance given). This are role is Temporary but may lead to a Permanent opportunity for the right candidate.
If you are an experienced School Caretaker than we would like to hear from you today, please send your Cv via this job board or contact Pro Education Yeovil for more information.Apply Now