We are seeking a Professional Production Planner to work for a period of 6-8 months for a global manufacturing company in Crewkerne, to help with Promise dates provided to customers.
You will work closely with the Business Analyst, production planning, manufacturing & procurement departments to ensure there is effective utilisation of resources and materials, to achieve on time delivery of customer orders - specifically you will be helping to pro-actively plan promise dates.
You will do this by proactively managing system information, and by manually managing the promise dates from receipt of order.
You will be the first point of contact for customer serivce, keeping them up to date with any changes in promise dates and production schedules that will impact ability to deliver on time.
You'll get to actively participate in High Performance teams, and proactively manage daily and weekly shipment forecasts ensuring alignment to Promise dates
You will need to ensure all promise date strategies / initiatives are right sized for demand, with the correct part numbers linked with the correct strategy
• Ability to continually improve the current processes, eliminate manual processes and automate where possible.
• IT Literate with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and MRP/ERP systems
• Well organised with logical and methodical thinking
• Effective negotiating skills
• Project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Have the confidence and assertiveness to challenge existing practices and to influence others
Working hours to be agreed, but likely to be 07.00 - 15.45 / 11am finish Friday or 08.00 - 16.45 / 12pm finish friday:
(flexibility available on start & finish time +/- 30 minutes)
• Basic hourly rate - £15.00ph / £16.00ph DOE