An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commis Chef to work at a hotel in Sherborne.
Their philosophy for using quality, fresh, locally sourced ingredients to create innovative, stylish and exciting flavour combinations has helped us build upon their accredited two AA Rosettes, with numerous accolades, Dorset Food and Drink Magazine Hotel Restaurant of The Year and Dorset Tourism Restaurant of the year and Taste of the west GOLD.
The hotel operates a diverse mixture of business from restaurant with both tasting and à la carte menus; along with conference, wedding and celebratory functions for up to 80 covers, this is a great chance to join the exciting future ahead!
The right candidate will:
· Exhibit skills and knowledge to NVQ Level 2/3 standards
· Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure, to time, and in an organised manner.
· Oversee various sections within the kitchen.
· Be fully flexible working throughout the day and evening, on weekends, Bank holidays, Christmas and New Year.
· Be working closely with the team, to ensure the kitchen operates smoothly, efficiently and cost effectively.
· Control and manage your own section, assist in the running of service.
· Listen and respond effectively to instruction, have a good work ethic and commitment to learning
In return the Hotel offers:
· The chance to learn and develop your craft with a team of supportive, knowledgeable chefs; learning how to perform consistently to high standards.
· The opportunity for real career progression in a quality establishment, with an experienced and knowledgeable brigade
· In-house skills development, external training and competition opportunities.
· Competitive rates of pay, 28 days paid holiday a year, staff discount scheme, meals on duty and a share of tips
· 20% discount for staff.
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift