We are currently recruiting on behalf of our well respected food manufacturing client based near Chard. We are assisting them with the recruitment of multiple Production Operatives. TEMP TO PERM OR STRAIGHT PERMANENT ROLES AVAILABLE - Long term there is the option to be trained on technical positions in pasteurisation, milk intake and clotting.
£9.45 rising to £10 ph thereafter, (pay review pending) + x1.5 Overtime rate and weekend working rates
The role is a manual one, which requires physical strength, and the ability to work in a sometimes warm environment. The department is responsible for making cheese, from scratch, and is therefore a complex and involved process, managed through the use of machinery - duties will include:
• Loading empty moulds into their state of the art automated production machinery
• Monitoring the process to ensure that the machinery is running and working correctly
• Regularly turning cheese (by hand) - this is the very manual and physically demanding aspect of the role.
• Transferring products to different areas of the factory
• Administration and record keeping
The positions are available in a department that is like a family, with most jobs relying on good teamwork to ensure satisfactory completion. So as well as being a real team player, other competencies include
• Being diligent and following instructions from the experienced supervisory team
• Understanding the importance of food hygiene, and how to achieve the required standards
• Basic IT skills
• Having the ability to read, write and speak the English language to a prescribed level, including numerical information
• Understanding and applying safe working practices
• Understanding the importance of an efficient production process
We would welcome applications from anyone who has previously worked within the dairy / food industry, although this type of experience is not essential.
Basic hours of work are 40 per week Monday to Friday, Typically an 8 – 9 hour day, worked between 8.00am and 7.00pm (includes 30 min unpaid break). However, we must recruit people who are willing to provide a degree of flexibility, with start and finish times. The working pattern will be kept as stable as possible, but flexibility may be required for changes to working days to meet business demands, i.e. to include occasional weekends
Enhanced hourly rates for overtime (over 40 hours) and certain time periods, e.g. weekends, bank holidays.
Immediate starts available, please apply todayApply Now