Section manager - Engieering
Location: Stalbridge, Dorset, England
Salary: GBP25000 - 30000 per Annum
Benefits: 28 days holiday
Job Ref: JC12/04/2021
Posted: 12/04/2021Apply Now
Our Client is an international engineering company that supplies to the automotive and aerospace industries. They are leaders in their niche field, and have operations in the UK and Europe. The company is very well established with very few competitors for their core products. We are seeking to appoint a new Section Manager to look after approx. 30 operators.
If you are successful in gaining employment in this position, you will have a fantastic opportunity to join a company that has a long term view, and who will develop and nurture your talent to the benefit of you, as well as them. They are owner managed, and can make decisions effectively, meaning anyone who works for them can make a difference, and achieve a great deal of job satisfaction.
You will need to provide support to your team to ensure that they deliver, monitoring any issues, and ensuring production targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and quality standards are met in order to meet the requirements of the company’s customers.
To be successful in applying for this position you need to have:
- An engineering background with a good understanding of Engineering equipment and processes.
- An ability to motivate, manage and develop a diverse workforce that work on several shifts
- Ability to delegate effectively to team leaders (x3) that work on alternating shift and night shift
- Planning workloads and staffing levels to meet the manufacturing needs of the business.
- Ability to drive and deliver lean techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy, familiar with MRP systems and able to read and interpret technical drawings.
Hours of work would be a nominal 08.00 – 16.30 Mon-Thu and 08.00 – 15.30 Fri – extra hours may be required according to the needs of the business in a managerial role but these are the core hours.
We look forward to your applicationApply Now